Sunday, October 2, 2011

emails from my mom make me happy

Hi Annaliese,

I just saw the video that Ramsey posted!  That was Martha, Elaine, and me doing our thing!  We had the pregame 'tailgate' at our house.  It was quite a bit of fun.  I had a contest where we selected "Ms. Purplelicious"  based on how many purple things she had on.  Sue Fickett won with 15 items.  (I did not compete.)  I made her a purple sash with glittery letters.  We also did some shots of Hot Damn in frozen purple shot glasses.  Supposedly 7 of us were doing it in order H A M P D E N, followed by the cheer Hot Damn, Hampden!  Hot Damn, Hampden!  but we did not get that down quite right.  We will need to practice.  It was all fun except that we lost the football game, darn it!  They scored one more touchdown, plus they made all their extra points and we did not so we actually lost by 10 points.

Miss you!

Love, Mom



A few things I would like to point out about this email:
  1. It's awesome that my parents are still throwing ragers.
  2. When my Mom said "That's me, Elaine, and Martha doing our thing," she's referring to the time they dressed up in fat suits, wore purple wigs, and choreographed a dance to the Hampden Academy school song.... and then performed it in front of a ton of people.
  3. My mom pointed out the fact that she didn't compete in the "Ms. Purplelicious" competition--obviously, if she competed, she would have won.
  4. My mom made purple (Hampden's color) ice shot glasses, made up a Hampden-related cheer to go with the shot, and specifically picked Hot Damn alcohol to take a shot of, because the name rhymed with our town's name).




No comments:

Post a Comment